A Red Carpet Documentary Film Festival in New York City
Individual Films & Events - $10-$18
All Access Pass - $750
Want a sneak peek at the documentaries likely to vie for this year's Oscar at the Academy Awards? How about taking part in a panel with the director and a special guest after the screening? This is the sort of cinematic fun that awaits during the DOC NYC film festival, November 10-17th. Spooling across the screens of three Chelsea and Greenwich Village theaters since 2010, the weeklong celebration of truth in filmmaking has quickly become not only the largest but one of the most respected, tightly curated forums for the documentary format in the United States. In fact, DOC NYC's Short List has featured future Oscar winners each of the past four years!
The Best Fest Yet
Altogether, the 2016 festival promises 250+ films, along with over 300 filmmakers and special guests at daily panels and special events of all kinds. There's even an exclusive side to the fest, as DOC NYC PRO features themed masterclasses, breakfasts and happy hours for fellow filmmakers.
Short List Selections You Won't Want to Miss
As featured standouts in the festival schedule, films on the Short List are among the very best. Here are a few generating the most buzz, all screening no more than 20 minutes from out hotel:
- Gleason (Nov 10th, 17th) - Touching memoir made by a former NFL player with ALS for his unborn son.
- Into the Inferno (Nov 11th) - Werner Herzog's newest. A meditation on volcanoes.
- Fire at Sea (Nov 12th) - Berlin Film Festival winner about the European refugee crisis.
- O.J.: Made in America (Nov 14th) - An in-depth look at the "trial of the century" and the man at its center.
- Miss Sharon Jones! (Nov 16th, 17th) - Legendary funk diva battles cancer and wins.